This sampler technology is developed, patented & tested by CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi
This sampler has following models with specific sampling advantages:
High Volume PM10 Sampler (Model: P10H20B)
- PM10 sampling supported by performing sampling without PM2.5 impactor plate.
High Volume PM2.5 Sampler with PM10 sampling option (Model: P25H20B)
- PM10 sampling: By removing PM2.5 impactor plate on 250×200 filter at a flow rate of 1130 lpm.
- PM2.5 sampling: On 250×200 filter at a flow rate of 1130 lpm.
- “PM10 – PM2.5” sampling: PM2.5 particles are collected on 250x200mm filter and “PM10 – PM2.5” particles are collected on 125mm diameter filter.
- PM2.5 and PM10 sampling Simultaneously: By adding PM2.5, particles as collected on 250x200mm filter to “PM10 – PM2.5” particles collected on 125mm diameter filter, PM10 particles can be measured at same the time.
PM10 and PM2.5 Sampling on Dual Filter (Models: P10H20DF, P25H20DF)
- Both samplers having option for sampling on any two 125x220mm filter papers at the same time.
Brief About Sampler
This High Volume PM10 / PM2.5 Sampler is first of its kind developed in India, the technology is patented by CSIR – National Physical Laboratory (NPL) and licenced by Environmental Solutions. It has several novelty and advantages over existing high-volume PM2.5 sampler available in global market. It offers more than 98% intake efficiency for PM2.5 particles with sharp particle cut-off size (slope or geometric standard deviation, GSD = 1.27) in typical Indian conditions- high particle loading, and humidity condition without affecting the performance, flow rate, negligible re-entrainment problem, etc.
The novel design of the sampler covers an impactor assembly comprising a nozzle plate, an impaction plate, and a filter unit. The nozzle
plate comprises a plurality of nozzles for channeling an air stream through the sampler. The impaction plate is adapted to collect particulate matter having size greater than a threshold size. The filter
unit is adapted to collect particulate matter having size less than or equal to the threshold size. The sampler further comprises a
control assembly coupled with the impactor assembly. The control assembly comprises of flow control
devices to maintain a predetermined air-flow
rate of the air stream within
the sampler throughout the sampling period even at very high particle loading and
humidity (foggy) conditions.
Advantage of this high-volume sampler over low-volume sampler:
- Because of high-volume flow, high PM mass is collected, so a sensitive balance (6 digits) is not needed for routine measurements of PM2.5 mass.
- Because of large filter and mass, less error are observed due to charge effect while measuring mass using electronics balance.
- Large filter (8×10 inches) is used, so it is ideal for an extensive chemical composition analysis and thus especially for the source apportionment studies.
- Diurnal sampling for photo chemical aging studies, such samplings are important for long range transport versus local sources etc. High volume of flow rate filtered more air and deposited much more particles on large size of filter ease to identify pollution source.
- As per US-EPA guidelines, single sampler (e.g. high-volume sampler) should be used for source apportionment studies and analysis.
- Sampling head consists of two stages separation for minimizing the re-entrainment problem. Provision for auto scheduling & manual sampling
- Provision for single and cyclic sampling.
- Sampling type supported:
- Manual operation without timer
- Timer based sampling duration
- Timer based end time (optional)
- Timer based fixed sampling air volume (optional)
- Timer based cyclic operation (optional)
- Facility to record clock information, integrating time, integrating flow volume, average flow rate, etc.
- Mini weather station for monitoring and logging ambient temperature, humidity & pressure.
- History of sampling report including power failures.
- Control unit with User friendly electronic modules.
- Real time parameter measurement display
- User friendly reports in CSV format
- Sampling report history available for one month.
- USB connectivity for easier data transfer.
- Ability to upgrade firmware automatically via flash drive.
|Protection – US Patent Number||15/954,095|
|Sampler designed compliance with according to USEPA 40 CFR Part 50EN standard (EN12341:2014)||Yes|
|Particulate Metter Sampling||PM2.5 and PM10|
|Stage-1 (Size bin-I) for coarse size particles, a pre-separator tube type nozzle impactor is used. Stage-2 (Size bin-II) thereafter for separation of particles more than 2.5 µm, a plate nozzle impactor is used Particle Separation.||Two stage particles separation|
|Particle cut-off size of PM2.5||2.52 µm|
|Particle cut-off size of PM10||9.8 µm|
|Inlet efficiency for PM2.5 particles (aspiration efficiency)||>98%|
|Slope/Geometric Standard Deviation (GSD) (for sharp cut-off should be 1.2 -1.3)||1.27|
|Traceability of measurement : for all related parameters to SI units from primary standards of CSIR-NPL||Yes|
|Air-pump: Three stage brushless blower type to minimize dust generation||Yes|
|Volumetric flow rate: 1.13 m3/min (auto adjustable according to particle mass loading (±2%)). Range 0.6 to 1.6 m3/min.||Yes|
|Operation and functioning of Timer is as per US EPA design||Yes|
|Sampling duration supported||Up to 1000 hours|
|Mini weather station: Ambient pressure, temperature and humidity Temperature range options: 0°C to 50°C and -10°C to 90°C or user requirement||Yes|
|Operating temperature range: All mechanical and electronic parts can work under environmental condition -20°C to +50°C (tested temperature +2°C to +48°C)||Yes|
|Operating humidity range||10% to 95% RH|
|Data Logger: Logging average data of ambient temperature, RH and pressure measurement in user defined time intervalFlow Totalizer: Flow rate total at user defined time interval and after sampling completion.Time Totalizer: Sampling time total with respect to real time clock.||Yes|
|Technology developed and Licence provided by|
CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
“National Measurement Institute of India”
Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg
|Manufactured & represented by:|
A3/508, Tower-4, Silvercity, Sector-93, Noida (UP)- 201301
New Delhi – 110012
Mobile: +91-9910074206, 8178144355
Email: [email protected]