Ut arcu neque, convallis ac lacus in, facilisis suscipit risus. Quisque pellentesque arcu sollicitudin nunc molestie imperdiet. Mauris urna nibh, dapibus egestas augue at, rhoncus facilisis sapien.
Pollutants are the substances that affect the air adversely. Below mentioned are the major pollutants in found in polluted air.
- Ozone: Harmful ozone is found in the lower part of our atmosphere or near the earth surface. It can cause respiratory ailments such as asthma. Whereas, the layer of ozone at 6-30 miles above the surface protects us from ultraviolet rays.
- Sulfur dioxide: It is produced when fossil fuels are burned. It is one of the main elements that cause acid rain.
- Nitrogen oxides: Nitrogen dioxide is a component of ozone and also forms acid rain.
- Carbon monoxide: It is majorly emitted by automobiles and indoors it is emitted by poorly maintained heaters.
- Particulate matter: They are coarse or fine particles which may enter our lungs and cause problems in respiration.
- Volatile organic compounds: They are of two types; methane and non-methane volatile compounds. Methane contributes to global warming and other compounds help in the formation of ozone.